News & Events
What salt results from the neutralization of phosphoric acid with potassium hydroxide?
- August 13, 2018
- Posted by: Mulwa
- Category: Uncategorized
The freezing of water at 0°C can be represented as follows:H2O (l) ? H2O(s)The density of liquid water is 1.00 g/cm3. The density of ice is 0.92 g/cm3. In 3 – 4 sentences explain why applying pressure causes ice to melt.
The Kw of water varies with temperature. Calculate the pH of water at 46°C with a Kw = 1.219 x 10-14. Show all calculations leading to an answer.
3. Calculate the hydroxide ion concentration of a solution with pH = 3.25. Show all calculations leading to an answer.
4. What salt results from the neutralization of phosphoric acid with potassium hydroxide?
5. What is the oxidation number of chlorine in Al(ClO4)3?
6. Which element is oxidized in the following reaction:
CuO(s) + H2 (g) à Cu(s) + H2O (l)Why must the number of electrons lost equal the number of electrons gained in every redox reaction? Use 3 – 4 sentences in your own words to address this questio
7. The following unbalanced equation describes the reaction that can occur when lead (II) sulfide reacts with oxygen gas to produce lead (II) oxide and sulfur dioxide gas:
PbS + O2 à PbO + SO2Balance the equation and describe in words the electron transfer(s) that takes place.
8. What type of radiation is emitted when chromium-51 decays into manganese-51? Show the nuclear equation that leads you to this answer.
9. A radioactive nucleus alpha decays to yield a sodium-24 nucleus in 14.8 hours. What was the identity of the original nucleus? Show the nuclear equation that leads you to this answer.
10. Iron-59 has a half-life of 45.1 days. How old is an iron nail if the Fe-59 content is 25% that of a new sample of iron? Show all calculations leading to a solution.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET A GOOD DISCOUNT