News & Events
Services and Resources Guide: Oral Language and Inclusive Education
- April 12, 2018
- Posted by: kajo
Â Assessment Task 1 relates to Resourcing Inclusion, Chapter Three in textbook.
- First read the Criteria Sheet for Assessment 1 at the back of this document.
- Read Chapter 3 of your textbook.
- Please discuss the following statements by providing evidence from the academic and research literature (2005+) which supports the statements.
Students capacity to use oral language effectively is critical for inclusive education.Â Many students whose learning is at-risk have specific needs in this area.
- ListÂ 4 key services or resourcesÂ for enhancing speaking and listening skills available from education systems around Australia. Provide the URL or other citations for the services and resources so they can be easily accessed.
- Below each entry in the list provide a rationale using the academic and research literature (2005+) to indicateÂ whyÂ this is an appropriate service or resource to promote listening and speaking skills in an inclusive setting.
Presentation of Assessment Task 1 (see pp. 2–7 of Assessment Guide)
- Role of oral language in contributing to inclusive education. Evidence and use of wide reading
- Reference to (listing) 4 services or resources from Australian education systems for enhancing listening and speaking skills.
- Rationale why each of the 4 services and resources is appropriate for enhancing listening and speaking skills in an inclusive setting. Evidence and use of wide reading.
- Communication – structure, cohesion, grammar and punctuation APA style – accurate and consistent…