News & Events
In new communities, how does having sidewalks affect obesity
- August 13, 2018
- Posted by: Mulwa
- Category: Uncategorized
Objectives/Activities/Grading Rubric (As a group of ≤5 or individually; page limit 4.)
1) Identify and briefly describe one health care policy. It can be a hospital, community, state, or national policy affecting nurses, health care providers, patients, or the public. Examples could include: 12-hour shifts for nurses; amount or percent of reimbursement for providers; school lunches to reduce obesity; installing sidewalks in neighborhoods to reduce obesity and the affordable care act.
2) Describe who benefits from or is given an advantage by the policy.
3) Describe who is disadvantaged by the policy.
4) Describe how/from where funds are directed to cover the cost of implementing the policy.
5) Examine the research literature on the topic
a. Provide your literature review question.
Ex) In new communities, how does having sidewalks affect obesity
b. Provide the names of library databases searched (minimum 1), search terms, combinations, limits, and filters used to obtain research on the policy/issue. It is fine to add limits and filters to reduce the sample size to 10 or so research articles; however, your search strategy must be unbiased- —-do not use Google or Google Scholar or discard articles because of their results.
c. Provide a summary of the results.
i. List the articles in a table with pertinent information with the
First author/year,sample/who was studied; IV (independent variable)/how the policy was implemented and any comparison in the study, DV(dependent variable) /how the outcome was measured,students (your) conclusion about the effect of the policy on the outcome Table is an appendix ¬ included in page limit.
In the text, provide
ii. The number of research articles produced with clinically meaningful and statistically significant support for the policy
iii. The number of research articles produced with non-significant results
iv. The number of research articles produced opposing the policy
d. Provide scholarly synthesis in your conclusion.
Where there any articles that did not support the policy? Why?State explicitly how your findings and conclusion from the literature review compare with the policy. Does the literature support the policy? Does the policy work according to the literature? Is the policy evidence-based? Should the policy be implemented according to the research?
6) Provide a reference list in APA format.
7) Organized, well-written, no typos, no grammatical errors
Exceeding the page limit = 0 points earned for this section.
Paper should reflect graduate level analysis, synthesis, and application of the information.
Valuation of each part of the paper will be made according to the designated percentages and the following criteria.
Full credit—Criteria developed in an in depth, clear, and concise manner
Reduced credit—Criteria developed, but lacked depth and/or not clear or concise
Zero credit—Criteria not evident
*Reduced or Zero credit – If assignment completed as a group and group evaluations indicate less than 100% participation